Rental Application Rental Criteria
How to Apply
- Apply online by submitting an application to, email@example.com, or in person at the Leasing Office, 1110 SW Clay St. Portland, OR 97201.
- You can review the application and rental criteria here.
- The application fee is $40.00, if you provide a school enrollment letter with your application. Otherwise, you will be charged an additional $2.50 to check your student status via the National Clearinghouse.
Applying in Person
- The Leasing office can provide blank applications to be filled out, at 1110 SW Clay St. Portland, OR 97201. Hours of operation are Tuesday thru
Friday 10 AM-1 PM, 2 PM-6:00 PM and 10 AM-2 PM on Saturday (Closed Sunday-Monday)
- Bring a government issued photo ID with you.
- Please bring your schools enrollment letter.
- We accept debit and credit cards, checks, and money orders, unfortunately, we are unable to accept cash for any payments.
- Download the application here
- Email your completed application, government issued photo ID, and proof enrollment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to include your name, phone number, and apartment you are applying for in the body of your email.
- You can then pay your application fee over the phone by calling the Leasing Office at 503-345-4104
Applications are not considered complete until the application fee has been paid. You will be notified of your result 3-5 business days after submitting your application. Your application will not be approved until CHNW has verified your student status. Once you have submitted a complete application and paid the application fee we will hold the apartment for you. We only accept one application per apartment./em>
What Happens Next?
- We will contact you via email or phone with the results of the application
- If you are approved you will need to pay a $100.00 holding deposit (which comes out of the full $500 security deposit) within 72 hours to secure the apartment. You can pay this either by check, money order, credit/debit card, or thru your online tenant portal.
- You will also be asked to sign an Agreement to Execute a Rental Agreement. This will outline your move-in date, security deposit, prorated rent, and lease duration.
What Happens When I Move In?
- You will need to schedule a time to sign your lease with the Leasing Office.
- On your move-in day we will review your lease, go over important CHNW Community information, and answer any questions you may have about moving. Please be sure to allow at least 30 minutes for completing this process.
Please feel free to contact the University District Leasing Team at 503-345-4104 or email@example.com with any questions about the application process.