Rental Application Rental Criteria
How to Apply Online
- Go to the “Availability” page on theUniversity District website here: http://ud.chnw.org/
- If you see an apartment you are interested in applying for, click the green “Apply Now” button on the apartment listing
- Follow the instructions to complete the online application. Be sure to upload proof of enrollment documentation and a copy of your government-issued photo ID when it is requested in the online application. See below for information about providing proof of enrollment.
- You can then pay your $45.00 application fee over the phone or in person during office hours,Tuesday – Friday 10am-1pm, and 2pm -6pm, by calling the University District Leasing Office at 503-345-4104 by Visa or Mastercard. The application is not complete until the application fee is paid.
- CHNW only takes one application at a time per apartment; if an application is received prior to yours, leasing staff will send you an email letting you know to re-apply for another available apartment.
Applying in Person
- The Leasing office can provide blank applications to be filled out, at 1110 SW Clay St. Portland, OR 97201. Hours of operation are Tuesday thru
Friday 10 AM-1 PM, 2 PM-6:00 PM and 10 AM-2 PM on Saturday (Closed Sunday-Monday)
- Bring a government issued photo ID with you.
- Please bring your schools enrollment letter.
- We accept debit and credit cards, checks, and money orders, unfortunately, we are unable to accept cash for any payments.
Apply via Email
- Download the application here
- Email your completed application, government issued photo ID, and proof enrollment to email@example.com
- Be sure to include your name, phone number, and apartment you are applying for in the body of your email.
- You can then pay your $45.00 application fee over the phone by calling the Leasing Office at 503-345-4104
Applications are not considered complete until the application fee has been paid. You will be notified of your result 3-5 business days after submitting your application. Your application will not be approved until CHNW has verified your student status. Once you have submitted a complete application and paid the application fee we will hold the apartment for you. We only accept one application per apartment./em>
What Happens Next?
- We will contact you via email or phone with the results of the application
- If you are approved you will need to pay a $100.00 holding deposit (which comes out of the full $500 security deposit) within 72 hours to secure the apartment. You can pay this either by check, money order, credit/debit card, or thru your online tenant portal.
- You will also be asked to sign an Agreement to Execute a Rental Agreement. This will outline your move-in date, security deposit, prorated rent, and lease duration.
What Happens When I Move In?
- You will need to schedule a time to sign your lease with the Leasing Office.
- On your move-in day we will review your lease, go over important CHNW Community information, and answer any questions you may have about moving. Please be sure to allow at least 30 minutes for completing this process.
Please feel free to contact the University District Leasing Team at 503-345-4104 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the application process.